Local family loses everything in fire

WSMV has reported that an Antioch family of five escaped their fire-engulfed home with their lives, but not much else.

Officials believe that a squirrel or other animal caused the electrical fire that destroyed their home.

The Ross-Wilburn family is now turning to the Antioch community for help. A “Go Fund Me” page has been set up to allow for donations to help the family get back on their feet. You may visit the page at this link.

According to the page, “In the early morning hours Bryce, who was diagnosed with Asberger’s, alerted his mom to smoke coming from one of the bedrooms. She was able to wake everyone up and run out of the house just in the nick of time. Unfortunately, EVERYTHING else was a complete loss, including the home, money, and everything in it. They were only able to make it out with the pajamas they had on.”

More than $3,000 has been raised in less than 12 hours, but more is needed. The community is encouraged to give.