AntiochTenn.com has recently been given a bit of respect through the local news industry.
Michele’s List, a compilation of “promising news sites” has recently added AntiochTenn.com to their database.
Michele’s List is in collaboration with City University of New York’s Graduate School of Journalism Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism.
Compiled by Michele McClellan, there are five criteria a local news site must meet for inclusion:
- Content: The site is devoted primarily to original news.
- Practices: The content demonstrates a desire and an effort to practice accuracy, transparency and fair play.
- Engagement: The site demonstrates a desire and an effort to promote civic engagement or an ethic of participation.
- Frequency: The news report is updated at least three times a week. (Except in the case of purely Investigative sites, which may publish or distribute their content less often.)
- Sustainability: Site owners are making a serious effort to develop revenue streams.
“I’m very excited to be included,” AntiochTenn.com founder and owner Clay Morgan said. “I used Michele’s List early on to reach out to other successful publishes and to look for ideas. It has been helpful in building my business and hopefully I’ll be helpful to someone else.”
AntiochTenn.com was founded in November 2014 to fill gaps Clay Morgan and his wife Laurie Combs Morgan perceived existed in Antioch’s news coverage.
In that time, the site has grown to more than 25,000 unique visitors every single month and a steadily growing list of business partners and advertisers.
“Antioch has been great,” Morgan said. “We’ve developed a very loyal following and the community has been kind to us.”