The procedure for appearing before the Board of Education in public participation has been updated for the new school year. Starting with the first meeting of the year on August 9, 2016, requests to appear before the Board must be made four business days in advance.
Public participation takes place at the regular Board meeting held on the second Tuesday of the month. Under the new procedure, those wishing to take part in public participation must put in notice with the Board administrator by 4:30 p.m. on the Wednesday before that meeting.
Process to request to appear before the Board of Public Education:
- Requests must be received by the Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. before the scheduled meeting.
- Send a letter (by email or fax) to request appearance before the Board that includes: Name, Address, Phone, Email, Speaker and Topic, and Board Meeting date.
- Once the request to appear has been approved, you will be notified by email or a phone call.
- The speaker should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to start of meeting, and a Board staff member will greet you.
- If the speaker has information for distribution, must have at least 20 copies.
Please send your request for appearance and any other information to the Board Administrator via email at [email protected], fax to 615-214-4480 or mail to 2601 Bransford Avenue, Nashville, TN 37204.
Each speaker has 3 minutes at the podium.