Nashville Ballet has selected 10 dancers from Antioch to perform December 3-23, 2016, at TPAC’s Jackson Hall as a part of the youth cast for Nashville’s Nutcracker.
This year’s youth cast is Nashville Ballet’s largest to date, with 251 dancers from Middle Tennessee and the surrounding areas to perform alongside the professional company in the local holiday favorite.
Nashville’s Nutcracker will feature the following dancers from Antioch:
- Ginevieve Alvarez, child of Stella, as a Native American Soldier
- Giovanna Baxter, child of Sandra, as a Native American Soldier
- Hailey Brown, child of Lanny and Tanya, as a Medium Mouse
- Zeboreh Bynum, child of Quinton and Trenay, as a Garden Fairy
- Jackson Funk, child of Daniel and Heather, as a Party Boy
- Matthew Mueller, child of Anna and Peter, as a Frontier Soldier
- Miranda Pita, child of Dalila, as a Baby Mouse
- Jaidyn Smart, child of Nick, as a Medium Mouse
- Seraphim Smith, child of Donte and Melanie, as a Lamb
- Alayna Thomas, child of Kisha, as a Garden Fairy
“Nashville’s Nutcracker simply wouldn’t be complete without the youth cast,” Paul Vasterling, Nashville Ballet Artistic Director & CEO, said. “They bring a new, vibrant energy to each performance that’s contagious for both the performers and audience members. Giving the youth in our community an opportunity to perform in this holiday tradition adds to the magic of the season for them—and for us.”
This year’s Nashville’s Nutcracker youth cast members were selected from community-wide, open auditions. Members of the youth cast come from 12 counties throughout Middle Tennessee and Kentucky, including Bedford, Cheatham, Christian, Davidson, Dickson, Humphreys, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson and Wilson. They will perform alongside all 47 members of Nashville Ballet’s professional company and second company.
The performance opens at the 1897 Centennial Exposition in Nashville, and weaves together the city’s historic landmarks and characters with one of the world’s most popular ballets to deliver a unique Nashville holiday tradition. Vasterling’s original concept and choreography dances past local landmarks including the Parthenon, Shelby Bottoms and Belle Meade Mansion as Clara journeys into her holiday dream with a magical cast of characters.
Nashville’s Nutcracker is presented by Benefits, Inc. Tickets start at $28 and can be purchased in person at the TPAC box office in downtown Nashville, by phone at (615) 782-4040 or at www.nashvilleballet.com. A complete performance schedule and more information can be found online.