There will be a blood drive at Tristar Medical Plaza at the Crossings, 5390 Hickory Hollow Parkway, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 29.
The blood drive will be held on the Red Cross Donor Coach.
To schedule an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code tristarmed. Or you can contact Kara Lankford at [email protected]m or call the office at 615-731-8390 and ask for Ronica.
Walk-ins will be welcome.
All presenting donors will receive a FREE LONG SLEEVE RED CROSS HOLIDAY T-SHIRT while supplies last.
On the day of the drive, go to www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass and save time by answering health history questions in advance.
Our friends at TriStar sent the following information on the importance of donating blood:
You don’t need a special reason to give; you just need your own. Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend. Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood someday. Some believe it is the right thing to do.
Whatever your reason, the need is constant & your contribution is important for a healthy & reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped changed a life.
- When you donate, your unit of blood can help save the lives of up to 3 patients.
- Someone receives a Red Cross unit of blood 5,600 times a day.
- Blood and platelets are needed for many different reasons.
- An accident victim could use between 4 & 40 units of red blood cells.
- An open heart surgery patient may use: 2- 6 units of red blood cells, 2-4 units of plasma, & 1-10 units of platelets
- A premature baby may use between ½ to 4 units of red blood cells.
- A leukemia patient may use 2-6 units of red blood cells and 6-8 units of platelets, daily for 2 to 4 weeks
- Every two seconds, a patient in Middle TN needs a blood transfusion.
- Blood is a perishable product. Red blood cells have a shelf life of only 42 days and platelets just five days, so they must be replenished constantly – there is no substitute.
41,000 DONATIONS ARE NEEDED EVERYDAY.
WE HAVE TO COLLECT 500/DAY HERE IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE.