The MNPS Family Portal is now live, giving families access to the classroom at their fingertips. Connected directly to the district’s student management system, Infinite Campus, the Family Portal provides real-time information about grades, assignments, attendance, discipline and much more.
The Family Portal allows for better communication between teachers and families through emails and mobile alerts. Teachers will be able to send messages to individual parents or groups of parents. Schools will be able to post important news and announcements for all of their families to see.
“We know that when families are engaged in learning, children are more engaged in and perform better in school,” said Dr. Shawn Joseph, Director of Schools. “The Family Portal gives parents an easy way to stay informed about what’s happening in the classroom and monitor their children’s progress. I hope every family will take advantage of this great tool.”
The district began mailing letters in early January to more than 85,000 parents and legal guardians with personalized activation codes. Providing a personalized activation code for each legal guardian ensures secure access to student information. Once a parent has created a username and password, they will be able to login under a single account and see information for each child they have enrolled in Metro Schools.
What families need to know about accessing the Portal:
- While activation code letters began going out in early January, they are being sent in batches through bulk mail. For this reason, some parents may not receive their activation code until mid-January.
- Instructions on how to access the Family Portal using the activation code are included in the letter and also can be found online at www.mnps.org/familyportal.
- After activation, an email is required to sign in to the Portal. Families without email addresses can find out how to sign up for an email at www.mnps.org/familyportal.
- Once a parent has setup their account, the Portal can be accessed by visiting familyportal.mnps.org or by downloading the Infinite Campus Mobile Portal in the Apple ITunes Store or in Google Play.
- For assistance with the Portal, families are encouraged to contact their child’s school. The district has trained Family Portal Liaisons in each school to answer questions and help families sign up.
- Families without internet access at home can visit their child’s school, local library or the Family Information Center at 2601 Bransford Avenue, Nashville 37204.
- If a parent has not received their activation code letter by mid to late January or need assistance with their account beyond what their child’s school can provide, they should contact the Family Information Center at 615-259-INFO (4636), email [email protected], or online chat via MNPS.org.